What is the St. Peter’s Parent Association?
The Parent Association is an organization belonging to and made up of parents/guardians who have children attending St. Peter Catholic School. The Association is a service organization whose purpose is to support and enhance the work of the school, its staff and students. The Association sponsors social events throughout the year by coordinating events, volunteering time and assisting with fundraising activities.
Parent Association Organized Events Include:
● Kindergarten Parent Welcome
● Teacher Appreciation / Conference Meals
● New Family Welcome Picnic
● Uniform Exchange (August and January)
● Mad Science
● Annual Gala
● Spring Extravaganza
● Restaurant Raiders
● SCRIP – all year long. Go to: shopwithscrip.com and use code: F8E6BF7C75LL
What Does PA Fund Raising Support?
Funds raised are used for items/projects to supplement the school’s general budget. Examples include:
● Grade by Grade Enrichment in the form of Cultural Arts Experiences
● Athletic Department
● Contribution to School Operating Budget
● Field Trip Busing
● Teacher Classroom Supplies
● School directory
● Monthly birthday treats
● Field day treats
● Art Adventure
● 5th/6th grade Clubs
● Teacher Continuing Education
● Welcome breakfast and end of year luncheon for teachers
The support from parents on these projects comes in a variety of ways: coordinating the event, supporting the coordinators of the event (by securing volunteers, for example), and/or funding. Programming, curricular, and co-curricular opportunities supported by PA funds are also listed. As you can see, the list is substantial, and exciting! The work of the PA makes a difference in the lives of our students and teachers.
How to Become Involved?
Attend meetings, volunteer your time and talent, attend events, become an officer. We meet the third Wednesday of each month at 7:00 in the School library.