Along with the new school, came modern conveniences
There were in-door restrooms. The basement of the school was also built to accommodate parish activities. It contained a four-lane bowling alley, shower rooms and a kitchen. Within ten years, however, a shortage of classroom space caused the removal of the bowling lanes.
In 1951, then pastor, Father O’Reilley began a building fund to add on a parish high school. By the time the building was complete, however, all the space was needed for overcrowded grades. The plans for the high school were tabled.
In 1972 O’Reilley Hall was built. This large multi-purpose space is shared between the parish and school. All-school assemblies, large parish functions, and athletic games and tournaments are held in this space. Physical education classes also use O’Reilley Hall each day.
The school continued to be served by the Sisters of St. Francis until 1976. At this time a decision was made to discontinue this association. They had served the community for 71 years. After the sisters left the convent, new uses for the building were discussed. The basement of the convent was renovated in the mid 1980s to accommodate a Kindergarten program.